Huffin... not chuffing?




I hate to say it but I’m a bit non-plussed about the new Nurse with Wound, although Cruisin’ for Bruisin’ does make for an interesting in-car experience… The magic seems to be spread too thinly I suppose, buried too deeply in all that lounge-core hustle. Maybe I’m just putting the past on too much of a pedestal… but a lot of the instrumentals seem to be treading water…Going through the motions…Not feeling them un-nerved or ‘what the fuck’ knives pressing into my head…

…Guess it needs more time to merge on in there – too early to tell… There’s certainly plenty to love between the polished smooth shiny shininess. Matt Waldron’s Black Teeth does bite deep into the satisfaction stakes, the Freida Abtan vocals on Thrill of Romance ooze a yummy semi-sinister flavour and that animal cacophony of Hairy Egg is a real kiddie in a toy box moment…

Listening while typing this I can feel my mind isn’t set…


{to be continued}

Comments

I am not Kek-w said…
Yeah, a 'lounge' album seems a bit, I dunno 'Old Hat'..maybe he's just being deliberately contrary...
Cloudboy said…
that's a point... wonder if Steve's still wears that 'old hat' of his.