Seven Sung Outa Tune

Thanks for the tag Kidshirtus, can’t resist the invitation... so here goes... my current top seven tunes (loose terminological gimmickry) that are 'right here, right now' for the terminally curious.

Barbwire Babe – Plastobeton - elastic drum skin n drunken lights in the vocal cords, there are plenty of other Plastobeton tracks lining up behind this one, but this has a strange half remembered flavour that sticks pins into the uncharted for me.

Charmer – Kings of Leon – the yelling is reminiscent of Black Francis, backed by music that’s all hot n spiky – unlike all that other soulful mush they’ve done... Talk about outa character! My eldest loves this one too. He attempts to bang out the tune on the electric, but funnily enough he can’t see what I see in the Pixies…Oh the paradox of the widening gene pool.

Paint Me As a Dead Soul – Coil (The New Backwards) – a Spring surprise from the hallowed Coil vaults; this track sounds like a wind up toy slowing falling unconscious… find myself falling in love with Coil all over again as Balance rambles on about black halos and such…

Bum Breaker – Towering Breaker / BBBlood – Can’t begin to describe the mental state this collaboration leaves me in; the unexpected atmospheres are simply delish. More on this CDr sometime later, that’s if I can snap myself out of the trance it induces.

She took us to the places where the sun sets – Current 93
– a psychotic taster of things to come, if the rest of the forthcoming is this good, well…

One Hundred Years – Millions - slow-mo fireworks dropping from the skies – a mind mushroom of a track that leaves a gibbering after image on the psyche.

Stone Circle – Gabrielle Roth and the Mirrors – the vibe here is ssoooo relaxed I’ve pissed myself, if only more new-age-music slipped in this direction and avoided that whole 'Enigma' cash in.

Now, whether I have seven other internet obsessives to pass this on to is another matter… Guess I’m a cul de sac kinda guy – LOL.

Comments

I am not Kek-w said…
"Bum Breaker" - LOL!