Kassette Kulture # 5 - Uncle Ian - Going ape in the Optics Factory



Found one of my few surviving bite back tapes the other day, most went the way of my Phil groovy and the Psychedelic Bus, all chewed n gnarly or splattered in demagnetised chasm. Uncle Ian always got me bouncing round the room, its hi-energy vibe a vast contrast to my usual preference for miserable, gnashing of teeth malcontent. In it’s day this became a bit of a party favourite, me trying to sneak it into the mix at any opportunity; so much so I’m surprised the tape made it beyond the 90’s. Anyways, I’m glad to report Uncle Ian still works its magic mid noughties, those classic programmed beats cascading down your ears and jiggling the flesh nicely.

Still love this more sedate number (could never work out which trk title was which) with its stuttering shutter, string rebound, and stupid wobbly vocal... feels like it should have been a classic. (1986 - what a year)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Check out http://www.markfrancombe.com/uncle_ian/
or http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=163926548
or
http://www.markfrancombe.com/music/index.htm

for more info on what Uncle Ian are doing now and some downloads.

Still going ape in the optics factory!
mark said…
Now you have comments from both members of Uncle Ian, both are however fatter, greyer and with creakyer bones than when Going Ape was recorded.
However.. fame at last!!
HURRAH, you have made some old men very happy!!

Great Idea for a site BTW

Cheers, Mark
Anonymous said…
My bones aren't creaky!