More Delights from Rio : Sensorial Estereo and Lavajato

Both of these releases are available from Truma Records (part of Umbigo group) of Rio De Janeiro Brazil

Sensorial Estereo

Sensorial Estereo :10 Mil Hertz Suite Hi-Fi
This guitar based EP is perfect alt-rock, it's chords shimmer with a brilliance that I wish would return to these shores soon. Similar in sound to the post-rock band Hovercraft it has lots of cool background sonics , and the abstraction of an alien tongue (well to me at least) just adds to the dynamics. You can download a few album samples here but some of that lush textural depth has been lost in the transfer.


Sensorial Estereo booklet

......................................................................................................

Lavajato - ø mínimo recomendável

Lavajato - ø mínimo recomendável
Heralded by their label as anti-music Lavajato is another experimental sound project from Brazil. I don’t think they are annoying enough to qualify as anti-music which is a good thing as I find the notion more satisfying in idea than practical application. They don’t break much new ground experimentally either but I do find this album pleasantly distracting and off-kilter enough in places to warrant repeated listens - something about that 'low-budget' feel that I warm to, plus I’m always a sucker for processed vocals (Gary Numan saw to that). You can make up your own mind though as www.archive.org host the album (and many others by the band, which I’ll be catching up on in due time)


Lavajato - insert

Lavajato - insert

Comments