Charity Shop Conquest

Thomas Leer - 4 Movements

After trawling through an immeasurable pile of dusty vinyl, as you do, I was surprised to find, hiding in between the Des O'Connors and Welsh National Choir this little ray of sunshine from
Thomas Leer. Just a 12 inch mind, with only four tunes - but the pleasure this humble offering created was tremendous. Yeh, I’d love to find a mint copy of 'The Bridge' or an Industrial Records seven inch but I guess this is as close as I’m going to get, for the time being anyway...

It’s funny how charity shop moments like this soon become the stuff of personal legend, like the time I found a Meredith Monk LP (for the plain silly price of 50p) that I’d been searching for since hell knows when, also refreshing to find that it still happens in this Ebay obsessed world.

It’s really heart warming to treasure somebody else’s cast offs... value is a strange commodity indeed.

Comments

I am not Kek-w said…
"4 movements" is a lovely. lovely record...
Cloudboy said…
Yeah, fluid …I just love that first track on B-side - slipping all over the place… like a slender set of lycra clad pinions and the sax scribble of the last trk.